In The Netherlands, festival season is only a couple of weeks away. For me, June is going to be packed with festivals, because this year I will be visiting three festivals in a row. Starting with Pinkpop, then Best Kept Secret and finally Down The Rabbit Hole. Festival season is right around the corner and that means only a couple of more weeks to prepare! Festival fashion is an entirely different category, because your festival clothing should not only be aesthetically pleasing, it should also be comfortable and practical. Inspired by Coachella Festival wear, here are 10 items that are on my packing list. 1. Flowers Flowers are great all year around, but especially during festival season. They are festive, colorful and sweet. Whether you braid some flowers in your hair, or wear a floral patterned maxi dress: flowers add some sweetness to your outfit.
2. Fedora hat The fedora hat was one of the most-spotted items at Coachella. Besides the fact that they look sophisticated, they also keep your head cool and your skin safe from sunburns. The fedora hat looks cool and mysterious, while being very practical.
3. Jumpsuits Jumpsuits might be the most comfortable – yet fashionable! – pieces of clothing ever. Try to find one that is loose, but fitted around the waist, to give you that casual hourglass shape. Another great thing about the jumpsuit, is that you do not have to think about what top matches with what bottom – a one-piece does not just look effortless, it is.
4. Chelsea Boots Shoes are a vitally important part of your festival outfit, if not the most vital part. Walking from one stage to the other, standing in line to get a drink, dancing to your favorite band: your feet are in need of some comfort at festivals. A perfect solution is the Chelsea boot. They look cute, go with anything (from your short summer dress to your long jeans) and are super comfortable.
5. Cross-body bag To make your outfit complete, you need a bag, to safely transport your festival essentials. The trick to carry a bag comfortably and practically, is to choose for a small cross-body bag. This way, you will have your hands free for a drink or to throw your arms into the air and your belongings will be safe from pick-pockets.
6. Scarf Scarfs are conveniently multifunctional. When you are standing in the middle of the festival crowd, with the sun burning hot above you, you can wear your scarf around your shoulders, to protect your skin from sunburn and when evening falls and it gets chilly, you wear your scary around your neck to keep you warm. Choose a scarf with a nice print or popping colors, to make it not only a very convenient, but also fashionable accessory.
7. Dark Jeans I cannot emphasize the importance of dark jeans enough. First of all, they are slimming. Secondly, they go with literally anything and thirdly, they do not show any grass or mud stains. The perfect choice to wear on more chilly or rainy festival days. Combine your dark jeans with black Chelsea boots and a leather jacket for the ultimate rock ‘n roll feel.
8. Leather Jacket A leather jacket is the choice to keep you warm at festivals. During the night festivities or during those cloudy days, a leather jacket will be your best friend. Another plus, it goes with anything. You can match your leather jacket with a floral dress and chelsea boots to create a striking contrast between sweet and tough.
9. Sunglasses With festival wear, you can think out of the box. With this heart-shaped sunglasses from Urban Outfitters, you will definitely make a fashion statement. Plus, they will protect your eyes from the sun.
10. Bracelets Accessories are the cherry on top of your festival look. These colorful bracelets are fun, colorful and a little crazy. Earlier this year, H&M released a full Coachella fashion line, with items that go perfectly with every festival outfit – such as these bracelets.
Looking for more inspiration? Check out my board on Festival Fashion: Follow Eden van der Moere’s board Festival Outfit Inspiration on Pinterest.